Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Almonds & Berries

The weekend just passed I was a busy little bee (pun intended). Sunday we were supposed to be going to Tom's house for my future mother-in-law's birthday. Of course this for me meant baking (YAY) most people obviously know that I love baking (check out my baking blog Bakerhi). So birthdays are always a good excuse to bake something! I've recently been asked to make some German items for a friend who is planning a German themed party so I needed to test out my bee sting cake recipe to make sure it was still good. Then I decided I wanted to make something a bit more colourful and birthday fun like so I made a pavlova topped with cream and berries!

By the way it's a great idea to make pavlova and bee sting cake at the same time, you need egg yolks for the custard in bee sting and then use the left over egg white for the pavlova (any excuse to make more desserts).

Here's a few photos of how they turned out, they will also be shared on my baking blog.














Best Blog Tips

1 comment: